Today is the Retro Groove Quilt pattern release day! And you know I love nothing more than to have a little sale when I drop a new pattern…You can get the Retro Groove quilt pattern on sale through 5/16/2021 aaaaaand use the code GROOVY for 20% off everything else in my shop. Don’t forget to check out the free patterns, too.
Retro Groove Pattern Features
The Retro Groove quilt pattern features five different options, including baby, throw, twin, queen, and king sizes. The Retro Groove pattern is fantastic for showcasing big, bold prints or using up those solids and tone on tone prints. Retro Groove has some easy curves and I’ve made some supplemental videos that you’ll get access to when you purchase the pattern that walk you through each and every step. Here are some other fun things you get with the pattern:
- Full size templates
- An awesome coloring page and fabric amounts required for each size.
- Backing assembly instructions for each size of Retro Groove are included. You don’t have to worry about doing any quilt math for your backings!
- Colorful, easy to read diagrams and written instructions.
- Detailed cutting diagrams AND a cutting checklist are included for ease of use.
- Supplemental video to accompany the cutting chart.
- Supplemental video that walks you through assembling a block & sewing curves, step-by-step.
- The finished size options include the following:
- Baby – 54″ x 54″
- Throw – 63″ x 81″
- Twin – 72″ x 90″
- Queen – 90″ x 108″
- King – 117″ x 117″
- Skill level is confident beginner to intermediate. If you haven’t sewn curves before, I would recommend stitching up a practice block with some scrap fabric before cutting into your gooooood fabric. The video and pattern steps will walk you through the curves.
Tester Retro Groove pics
The Retro Groove pattern testers came up with some amazing versions of this quilt. I can’t wait for you to see how versatile and all around awesome they are!
I’m so excited to see what you’ll come up with for your version of Retro Groove! I’ve been itching to make another version with some really big prints that are hard to use in other quilts with smaller blocks. You can see in Margo’s tester quilt that big prints look pretty awesome in those squiggly curves! Don’t forget to share your makes (I want to see those fabric pulls too!) on Instagram with #retrogroovequilt . Happy sewing!! -Joanna