Have the sewing room I dream of TONIGHT! Not really. I wish is right. Soon enough, though.
If you’ve read my previous post about painting over tacky wall paper, then you know my husband and I live in a pretty budget friendly house (that’s code for–NO ROOM for anything). So, a little over a year ago, we started building our dream workshop to house our hobbies. Brady drew up a big metal building and then we planned to frame off 1/4 of it on the interior to make that my sewing/quilting “studio”. My awesome father-in-law got involved and literally has done more than my husband and I combined.
The shop is basically done, and Brady has been working on my sewing room for the last 6 months.
This was the first picture I took of when we
were prepping the foundation.
After our huge delivery of fill dirt–I think it
was something like 9 truck loads full.
After spreading the fill dirt…
I really don’t remember what this step was.
Something about keeping moisture in with the plastic…
And then, the magical day when the concrete was poured!
I wish I could go back in time and tell myself we were no
where near close to being done, like I thought we were…
My father-in-law, brother-in-law, and husband worked
on putting the beams up for the building.
Next week, I’ll share pictures of the next step progress. I will say that from the start of these pictures, through the one above took roughly 6 months. It would have taken probably days, had we hired a crew of people to come out and do everything for us, but that isn’t the route we took. Even though it’s much more time consuming, it really saved us a lot of money.